Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Retro Paintings



I thought I'd share some of my artwork. These were done over the course of a few years. I haven't done anything within the last year or so, but I hope to get back to painting over spring break and into the summer when I have more spare time. I'm sure you can see some are inspired by the artist known as SHAG (a.k.a. Josh Agle). I was inspired by the artwork that can be seen background of his paintings.







This one originally had a print of some ballet dancers on it but was water damaged. I got it at a flea market for next to nothing and painted over the ballet dancers. I really like the retro 3-D effect:





This one was inspired by a sample of vintage barkcloth fabric:



It's the largest painting I've ever done- 3 ft. x 4 ft. The only place I had to paint this was on the dining room table, which was very challenging with 3 kids running around constantly. I guess that's why I've never attempted anything on this scale since! Not until I have an art studio!

No comments:

Post a Comment