Friday, January 16, 2009

Jewelry and Jewelry Tree

This is what I did last night. For some time now I have been coveting the new jewelry trees like this one:


but I didn't want to pay that much for what is really free in my back yard. So yesterday I made this:


I just cut a branch from a tree in my back yard and attached the base, which I already had on hand, then painted it metallic gold to match the brass base. Total cost: $0 and about 1/2 hour of my time.

The motivation for making this was that I have some jewelry I made and might be putting on Etsy in the near future but didn't have anything appropriate to hang earrings on for the pictures. Here are a couple examples of my latest jewelry projects:

pink Czech glass and filigree earrings


turquoise Sacred Heart bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment