Friday, December 26, 2008

Mid Century Modern Gingerbread House

Since yesterday was Christmas I'm posting a picture of my first attempt at a mid-century modern gingerbread house. Notice the pink flamingo. Last summer I bought a package of flamingo swizzle sticks at the dollar store and I just cut the top off and used that for the lawn ornament. :)

I wish I would have had more time and better tools to create it. (I only had a knife and my fingers...except for the wreath which was made with those gel icing tubes from the grocery store) Maybe in my next attempt I will have more professional tools available. This was made with a pattern I created. I'm thinking about possibly selling the pattern next Christmas if there is enough interest. I hope to come up with at least a couple more retro gingerbread house patterns between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment